What I’m working on…
I have a few passions that I keep myself busy with. These are just a few of the projects I’m currently working on.
- Finding new and interesting ways to use Moodle as an LMS in my classes to help students become independent learners.
- Learning Chinese
- Learning to read, write, and understand 3,000 traditional Chinese characters.
- Student Writing
- Exploring new ways and methods of teaching ESL Students how to write well in English.
- Working with students to do research, organize, and publish the AFL Times department newsletter (應用外語系報告).
- Spaced Repetition Systems
- I am trying to get all my students to use a Spaced Repetition System (Anki) on a daily basis in order to learn more vocabulary and increase their English ability.
- Input-based Learning
- I have my students listen or read to English everyday and keep a journal of their progress.